This week I’m starting a new series with new challenges for my YouTube videos. I’d like to start branching out from Friday The 13th, so as I promised in the 1-year anniversary video, I have launched episode 1 of Mad-Eye Plays Crusty Old Games. Episode 1 features Batman Arkham Asylum. I took the boring parts and I tried to condense 90 minutes of footage into 12 minutes. It was difficult, but I think I managed to include the best parts. So if you like Batman and would like to see my new and developing approach to editing, check out the video and give me some feedback.
Deborah Kim – The Bookish Girl
Rivaling Eric Lachappa for class valedictorian, Deborah is viewed as a bookworm. When Deborah isn’t studying, she is often found reading books and looking up the latest news on current events. Thanks to her academic pursuits and hobbies Deborah is quite knowledgeable when it comes to repairing vehicles and generators around the camp. While she may not be the most athletic among her fellow counselors, Deborah relies on her brains and light feet to survive. If you prefer a stealthier approach and hope to avoid Jason, then Deborah is the character for you.
How to Stay Alive
Deborah is more of a lone wolf character and is good at avoiding Jason. With a perfect intelligence score of 10, she’s one of the best counselors for repairing vehicles and generators and is difficult to locate unless Jason uses Sense. Even though running isn’t one of Deborah’s strengths, her light feet will reduce her chances of being discovered by Jason and will allow her to run short distances.
Fighting Jason one on one is not one of Deborah’s strengths. Due to her low strength stat, Deborah is not very likely to stun Jason and will do minimal damage. Your best offense against Jason is a good defense by staying out of sight and utilizing range weapons such as flare guns and shotguns.
Running is a viable option as Deborah since Jason is more likely to come across other counselors who are running and making a lot of noise. If Jason is nearby however, it is easy to sneak by Jason by using a crouch walk.
Be warned though, if Jason catches you’re unlikely to break free. To help your team try to stay near objective points and repair the vehicles as parts are brought over. If you can repair the vehicles quickly and keep Jason out of arm’s length from you, you’ll have a good chance of survival.
- At the beginning of a match, go for a flare gun as your first weapon. Let Kenny, Adam, Buggzy, and more melee based characters use the bats and heavier weapons.
- Use crouch walk around the vehicles and stay nearby so you can repair them.
- Communicate with other counselors and let them know when you’ve installed an item in an objective point.
- If you’re in a cabin by the two-person vehicle and you happen to find gas, just put it in. Don’t travel all the way across a map just to put the gas or objective item in the 4-person vehicle.
- If you have keys, keep them on you and let everyone know so they can protect you. Or… drop the keys off at the nearest vehicle even if it hasn’t been fully repaired yet. This way you increase the chances of someone picking you up on their way out if you’re cornered in a cabin.
- Whatever you do, do not try to take on Jason alone with a melee weapon.
|Has a very easy time fixing vehicles and generators.||Poor luck, so is likely to have her weapons break and get injured climbing over broken windows.|
|Her high stealth skill allows her to sneak across camp and less likely to be sensed by Jason||Not very fast compared to other counselors. Short distance runner.|
|Can tolerate the horrors of Camp Blood, but only for a while.||Not strong. Will do the least amount of physical melee damage to Jason.|